I came across this style back around Valentines Day when I was searching for heart hairstyles. I've seen lots of styles similar to this with the braiding, but nothing quite like this! I thought about just asking if anyone knew how this was done, but I decided this would be a lot more fun! :)
See how the heart just 'floats'? I thought this looked just awesome so I tried to copy it. I failed! :(
So here's where the contest part comes in!...
Since I did say that we would have a giveaway once we reached 100 followers (and we're one away), this contest will take the place of that giveaway. Do you think you could reanimate this heart? If so, you will be the winner of this contest.
The prizes include the winners choice of the following....
- 1 8oz bottle of Curls Coconut Conditioner
- 1 4oz bottle of Curls Kikinut Oil
- 1 Satin bonnet
- Mystery package of accessories chosen by Miss C
- 1 8oz bottle of Kinky Curly Knot Today
- 1 wide tooth comb
- 2 packs of heart or princess crown shaped beads (your choice of color)
*In the event there is only one entry, you still may only choose one package.
*If there is a tie, I will choose who gets which package.
Here are the rules....
- The hairstyle can be completed on a person OR styling head (beautician style only)
- You must show detailed, close up photos of the style to prove your design 'floats'
- You do NOT have to do the exact style as the photo. You may use any style you want (cornrows, twists etc.), as long as you incorporate the floating design somewhere
- The style must be done on real/growing hair (or original hair only if using a styling head)
- You can choose from either a heart or a star, as long as it 'floats' on it's own (not connected to any other part of the head or hair in any way)
- Since I want to know how this type of style is done (and I'm sure I'm not the only one), you must give detailed instructions on how you accomplished your style. You can start sending style photos right away, and they will be posted as soon as possible. I will give you a contestant number so you can keep track of your photos and tell your friends which one to vote for
- The contest starts now! You will have until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 20th to complete your style and send your photos. I will post every photo I get here on the blog and also facebook. Voters will have the option of voting on the blog (be leaving ONE comment stating their favorite style), and/or 'liking' their favorite photo on our facebook page. You may vote for your own style
- I will keep track of who sent each photo but I will not reveal the stylists until the winner is announced. Instead, I will label them with your contestant number. If there happens to be only 1 entry (which I hope doesn't happen), that person will win automatically
- You may use bobby pins etc, as long as they are not visible
So get creative and get styling! This should be a lot of fun and I can't wait to see what everyone will come up with! Oh, and don't forget to spread the word. The more people you recommend, the more 'likes' your photo will get :)
I hope I'm not forgetting anything important! If you think of something that I forgot or didn't make clear enough, please leave a comment here or email me at email@example.com Thanks, and have fun!